Mexican food has actually turned into one of the world’ s preferred foods, and it’s simple to see why: It’s tasty, gratifying, inexpensive and amazing. Some individuals might see Mexican food as fattening or unhealthy; I believed the very same thing, and throughout my 30 years of having a hard time with my weight, I prevented Mexican food.
The fact is that when you understand the best ways to prepare healthy Mexican food, you will have discovered the scrumptious and uncomplicated method to preserve weight, as well as consume a well balanced diet plan while burning fat, restoring your energy and assisting to avoid illness.
I was born and raised in Mexico City till I emigrated to the United States to participate in Harvard Business School, finishing with an MBA.
I constantly had a hectic life without any time to look after my health. When I was stressed out, I consumed junk food, and great deals of it. The next day, I would consume absolutely nothing or little till I might not withstand my yearnings for sugar and junk foods.
For 30 years my weight was up, down, up, down, up until diet plans quit working and I discovered myself 60 pounds obese. I likewise experienced anxiety and health concerns that no medical professional might assist me conquer. One day, I chose to return to school to find out ways to consume to obtain healthy, slim down and feel excellent once again.
I was really delighted to find that healthy Mexican food, the kind I matured with, was the very best method conquered the 2 things that were keeping me fat, unfortunate and ill: my unmanageable yearnings for junk food and the lots of unfavorable impacts of all those years of unhealthy consuming.
With this effective discovery in hand, I started composing my book, “The Mexican Food Diet.” I wished to assist individuals who wished to reduce weight or feel much healthier without feeling starving, denied or tired with boring foods. This book is the ideal example of exactly what I teach today in my programs: healthy consuming that seems like cheating™.
The Mexican Food Diet ™ has 2 main goals. The very first objective is to change yearnings for junk foods with yearnings for tasty, rewarding and healthy foods. The 2nd objective is to offer the body the nutrients it has to battle swelling and keep individuals pleased and healthy.
Our included Cinco de Mayo banquet was produced for made the most of cleansing and simple and easy weight reduction.
Margarita Detox Shooters
Think of this as a much healthier variation of the standard Margarita which utilizes a great deal of sugar through syrups and blends. In my variation, I utilize 1.5 ounces of tequila and mix in 3 ounces fresh lemon juice, 3 ounces of fresh orange juice, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 jalape ñ o (secure the seeds and the vein). My shooters are likewise packed with vitamin C from the orange and lemon juices (25 percent of your everyday requirements in 1 shooter) and anti-oxidants to increase the body immune system and get much healthier, younger-looking skin. I made them even healthier by including chia seeds to offer fiber and protein. This Mexican grown seed likewise helps in reducing the effect on blood sugar level and insulin, which can avoid fat gain and illness.
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon natural chia seeds
- 1.5 ounces tequila
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 jalape ñ o, without veins or seeds
- Sea salt for the glass rim
- 1 fresh lemon half
- Jalape ñ o pieces for garnish
- Add initially 6 components to a mixer and mix on high speed.
- Put some sea salt on a plate. Utilize a lemon half to dampen the rims of the shooter glasses, then dip the rims in sea salt.
- Put the mixed mix on the shooter glasses. Embellish with a piece of jalape ñ o and serve cold.
Detox Blueberry Mole
Our main course is a scrumptious dietary powerhouse. Each serving supplies considerable quantities of 14 minerals and vitamins that are necessary for optimum health and weight-loss. My mole sauce can be a meal by itself. It has healthy protein and fats (pecans and almonds), healthy carbohydrates and spices with detox and anti-inflammatory power (blueberries, hot peppers, tomatoes, garlic, onion, cinnamon), along with high levels of fiber from the veggies and nuts. Consuming well balanced meals like this one assists you keep blood glucose and insulin at healthy levels, which will assist you with hunger, weight loss, state of mind and energy.
I combine it with natural, pasture-raised chicken, however it would likewise be tasty on fish, meat or a mix of roasted veggies.
- 2 ancho chiles, dry
- 1 guajillo chile, dry
- ½ of a medium onion, cut into big pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tomato, natural
- ¼ cinnamon stick
- 3 ounces blueberries
- 1/3 cup chicken or veggie stock (natural, minimized salt)
- 1 ounce raw pecans
- 1 ounce raw almonds
- 1 clove
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces water
- 1 ounce additional virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces chicken or veggie stock (natural, decreased salt)
- 1 pound chicken thighs or chicken legs with thighs (natural, totally free variety)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Wash the chiles and eliminate the veins and seeds. Soak the chiles in water while you determine the remainder of the components.
- Heat a big pan over medium-high heat. Roast the chiles, onion, garlic, tomatoes and cinnamon sticks. Turn them around ensuring they are well roasted on all sides (not charred).
- Heat a little sauce pan over medium heat with the blueberries and the very first 1/3-cup of chicken or veggie stock. Bring it to a boil and after that lower heat to simmer. Prepare for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Location the roasted components in a mixer. Include the pecans, almonds, clove, sea salt and water. Include ½ cup of the blueberry-stock mix. Mix all active ingredients in the mixer on high speed for 30 seconds or up until smooth.
- Heat a big sauce pan over medium heat. When hot, include the olive oil and the mixed components. Give a boil and after that minimize heat to simmer. Prepare for 30 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Include the 2nd chicken or veggie stock and the staying blueberry sauce. Give a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put all the components into the mixer and mix on high speed till smooth.
- Location the chicken thighs on an oven tray and cover with the mole. Prepare up until the internal temperature level reaches 165 F. Serve the chicken with extra mole on the top and garnish with almonds.
Mexican-Style Cauliflower Rice
I made my rice with cauliflower rather of standard rice. One serving of rice made with cauliflower has 100 calories, 9 grams of healthy carbohydrates, 7 grams of fiber and high quantities of a range of minerals and vitamins. The exact same meal made with white rice has 350 calories, 47 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, and extremely low nutrient material.
- ½ cauliflower, big
- 1 serrano chile
- ½ onion, little
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tomato, big
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and put in the food mill or mixer. Pulse up until the pieces are the shapes and size of rice. Reserve.
- Take the seeds from the chile, then slice and reserve.
- Slice onion, cilantro, tomato and garlic.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat. When hot, include the olive oil, onion and chile. Saut for 2 minutes.
- Include the garlic and saut for 1 more minute.
- Stir and include the cauliflower. Include the salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. Combine and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Include the tomato paste, cilantro and tomato. Prepare for 2-3 minutes. Taste for spices and change if essential.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Guacamole Ice Cream
We complete our meal with a scrumptious sweet guacamole ice cream that will please the craving for sweets while burning fat and powering up your brain, energy and general health. I changed my popular guacamole dish into a dessert by utilizing sweet healthy components while keeping the guacamole appearance. My ice cream has just 160 calories and 1.5 grams of sugar (all from entire healthy foods), compared with a routine ice cream which has at least 250 calories and 20 grams of sugar (most from included syrups and sugars). I utilize avocado and coconut milk as the base rather of the routine milk and cream utilized in conventional ice creams.
- 1 ½ avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 can coconut milk, complete fat
- 2-3 teaspoons of liquid stevia
- ½ cup strawberries, natural, sliced in little cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, sliced
- 1 ounce raw cashews, sliced
- Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge over night.
- Location the avocado in a food mill. Include lemon juice and mix up until velvety and smooth.
- Open the coconut milk can and, utilizing a spoon, secure the coconut cream, leaving the coconut water.
- Utilizing an electronic mixer, whip the coconut cream in a bowl up until it’s the consistency of a whipped cream. Include the mixed avocado and stevia. Integrate well.
- Put the ice cream in a freezer-safe meal and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Eliminate from freezer and spoon out into little bowls. If too tough to spoon out, leave at space temperature level for a couple of minutes.
- Mix some strawberries, coconut flakes, mint and cashews into each little bowl.
- Garnish with some strawberries and fresh mint.
Maru Dvila is a licensed integrative nutritional expert, weight-loss specialist, healthy chef and author of the successful book The Mexican Food Diet: Healthy Eating that Feels Like Cheating.” Maru fought with her weight for 30 years, consuming conditions, anxiety and other health concerns. Maru found that the something she’d feared and battled with her entire life was the something that might conserve her. To learn more on Maru and her business go to http://www.TheMexicanFoodDiet.com/!.?.!